Re: aci 318-02 vs. 318-99

Scott Maxwell wrote:

Jason,

There are SIGNIFICANT differences between ACI 318-99 and ACI-02.  You will
not be able to "just pencil in the changes".

Now, you can debate whether or not the significant changes will affect the
things that you are dealing with on the exam.  A lot of the "fundatmental"
code provisions on concrete design will be the same.  There are some
changes in this area, but you have the option of still using the "old
way".

In fact, I think that's a general statement that can be made for ACI 318 in general. My first experience with ACI 318 was the 1977 edition. Since then, every six-year cycle has brought profound changes.