Re: aci 318-02 vs. 318-99

Bill:

You are correct.  ACI 318 basically works on a psuedo 6 year cycle.  They
technically are on a 3 year cycle, but in reality the "first" three year
cycle of code under a committee chair (they usually serve 6 years) there
are only relatively minor changes with the "second" three year cycle
containing major changes.  2002 was a "major" cycle.  2005 is a "minor"
cycle, although they did do a significant change in that ALL the
nomenclature in 318 is now consistant (i.e. a symbol or letter means that
same through the code and there is a chapter of symbols/notations rather
than a list at the beginning of each chapter).  This results in some right
significant "reword" on their part.  The actual technical changes are
fairly minor in the 2005, I believe.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI