To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2005 12:53 PM
Subject: RE: minimum snow load in USA

The minimum snow load is the ground snow load times the importance factor.
So for a commercial structure far to the south the minimum snow load is
1.0*5psf = 5psf.

There is an additional (non-concurrent) minimum roof LIVE load of 20psf.
This live load is reducible depending on the structure.

For basic design, most people just use 20-25psf as a general minimum.

Jason