Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
steel beams bearing on wood columns[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: steel beams bearing on wood columns
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:55:24 -0500
I have a client (architect) who would like me to bear my steel beams on built-up wood columns (several 2x6's). I can't say that I have ever seen this done and wondered whether there are any code reasons not to as long as I can make all of the stress conditions work and they tell me that wood is not an issue as far as fire is concerned. Thanks in advance for your help.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates, Inc.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067
- Prev by Subject: RE: Steel beam unbraced length limit
- Next by Subject: RE: steel beams bearing on wood columns
- Previous by thread: Re:seaint Digest for 16 Jan 2005 (Out of The Office)
- Next by thread: Re: steel beams bearing on wood columns