    *From:* Ken Peoples <mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
    *To:* Seaint <mailto:seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
    *Sent:* Monday, January 17, 2005 8:55 AM
    *Subject:* steel beams bearing on wood columns

    I have a client (architect) who would like me to bear my steel
    beams on built-up wood columns (several 2x6's).  I can't say that
    I have ever seen this done and wondered whether there are any code
    reasons not to as long as I can make all of the stress conditions
    work and they tell me that wood is not an issue as far as fire is
    concerned.  Thanks in advance for your help.
Best regards, Ken Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
    LVTA
    1584 Weaversville Road
    Northampton, PA 18067
Phone: 610-262-6345
    Fax:610-262-8188
    Email: kpeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net <mailto:kpeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>