From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 6:59 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: NEHRP News

In a message dated 1/12/2005 10:57:34 AM Eastern Standard Time, THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com writes:
Some of you code gurus may already know this but I just read that Congress has approved (and the President signed) H.R. 2608 which continues the NEHRP program through 2009.  However, the lead agency is being transferred from FEMA to NIST.

Was there a reason given for transferring it to NIST?  FEMA seems to be one of the few (if not the only) government agency that puts out well written documents.

As far as I can tell nobody knows the purpose of NIST,  not even the people that work there.

Gail Kelley