From: GSKWY(--nospam--at)aol.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: NEHRP News
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 08:59:13 EST

In a message dated 1/12/2005 10:57:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
THunt(--nospam--at)absconsulting.com writes:
Some of you code gurus may already know this but I just read that Congress
has approved (and the President signed) H.R. 2608 which continues the NEHRP
program through 2009. However, the lead agency is being transferred from FEMA to
NIST.

Was there a reason given for transferring it to NIST?  FEMA seems to be one
of the few (if not the only) government agency that puts out well written
documents.

As far as I can tell nobody knows the purpose of NIST,  not even the people
that work there.

Gail Kelley