Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: ultrasonic thickness gage

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
It's a long shot but good engine rebuilders have devices used to check the cylinder bore wall thickness of engine blocks to determine if they can be safely bored out.  All race engine builders use these.
Bob Garner, S.E.
-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Peoples [mailto:kspeoples(--nospam--at)]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:52 PM
To: Seaint
Subject: ultrasonic thickness gage

Do any of you happen to have an ultrasonic thickness gage that can test steel plate thicknesses (say 0.1" to 1" range)that has been sitting in your supply closet and you don't need it any more?
I would like to have one (and could use one tomorrow if I had one), but I don't want to spend the money for a new one.  I hear that the Panametrics are very good but the base model is beyond my budget.  I tried ebay for Panametrics and only came up with a few that were not complete units.  Does anyone know of a place that sells refurbished units?
Best regards,
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates, Inc.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067
Phone: 610-262-6345
Email: kpeoples(--nospam--at)
The information contained in the e-Mail, including any accompanying documents or attachments, is from Moffatt & Nichol and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above, and is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, copying or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you received this message in error, please notify us.