Ledger type attachment to a chimney?

I'm not sure if this is a code issue or not -

Can an exterior deck addition to a new house be
ledger-attached to the brick enclosing a chimney?  I'm
not up to speed on current chimney / wood separation
requirements.  Maybe they don't even apply.  Being new
construction, I would figure that the chimney has
adequate flue liners, etc.

Thanks,
Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA