Re: Using SSMA Designations for Call-Outs on Light Gage Structures ?

I unapoligetically use only the SSMA designations, but every sheet has a chart similar to the SSMA's at the corner to spell it out. When I see gages on a drawing I think of it as clue that the EOR has done a complete design like checking the number of screws, C&C loading, slip connections, track connections and so on.

From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: Re: Anybody Using SSMA Designations for Call-Outs on Light Gage Structures ?
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:12:46 -0500

One of my structural engineers just came in my office and said to me: " I think we must be the only people in the world who use these SSMA designations. Everytime we have a job, we get calls asking what we mean" Very timely question. I am definetly going to add a note to the drawings explaining what the designation means.

Best regards,

Ken

Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
LVTA