From: Matthew Jordan [mailto:mattj(--nospam--at)crjarch.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:13 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: flatcar bridge

Greetings All,
I am trying to find info. on capacity/ section properties/ deflection/ etc.
of a rail flatcar to use as a private road bridge. I know it is a pretty
common use but have yet to see any type of design guideline/ code
application/ or other documentation of some kind. Client wants to rebuild
old wood bridge with flatcar on new concrete abutments. Any ideas of where
to look greatly appreciated.
regards,

Matt Jordan, SE
CRJ Structural Engineers