Re: Trussed arch effective length

For the top chord, it doesn't make sense to me to use
out-of-plane KL = 1/2 the distance between the panel
points.  I'd use KL = the distance between the girts.

My first pass at evaluating stability of the entire
arch, including the bottom chord and web assembly,
would be a 2nd-order elastic analysis, perhaps with
expected out-of-straightness included in the model.

Galambos "Guide to Stability Design Criteria for Metal
Strutures" 5th edition may have some pertinent info.
There's a chapter on arches.

d @ v e e v @ n $