RE: Trussed arch effective length

--- "Haan, Scott M." <HaanSM(--nospam--at)ci.anchorage.ak.us>
wrote:

"I can believe the continuous compression members
could be considered fixed in the plane of the web at
the panel points and could use a K=.5 in that
direction and the braced length would be the distance
between panel points."

The continuous compression member could have k=1.0 if
it could buckle in sine wave form with inflection
points at each brace point and the compressive force
is continuous.  That is if I understand your situation
clearly.

Jim Wilson