Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Welding Stainless Steel[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Welding Stainless Steel
- From: "Nels Roselund" <njineer(--nospam--at)att.net>
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:34:27 -0800
Table 3.2 of AWS D1.6:1999 lists 304L stainless in Base Metal Group A. Table 3.3 indicates that the prequalified filler metal from AWS A5.9 for Base Metal Group A is ER316L. An older publication, AWS D10.4-86, Table 4, lists ER316L for welding 316L stainless Base Metal only, but for 304L stainless Base Metal, it lists ER308 or ER347. Is there any reason to pay attention to the old AWS D10.4?
Have there been important revisions into AWS D1.6 that call for the structural designer to get the latest edition?
- Prev by Subject: Welding Stainless Steel
- Next by Subject: Welding Stainless Steel
- Previous by thread: Glu-lam beams
- Next by thread: Welding Stainless Steel