Re: RESIDENTIAL: Shearwall Line Offsets

Bill Polhemus wrote:

The conventional framing provisions of the Prescriptive Design as described in Chapter 3 of the Wood Frame Construction Manual allows a maximum four-foot offset for shear walls.

When the offset is greater than four feet, "the structure shall be considered as separate structures attached in the plane of the offset." (WFCM 3.1.3.3 c.)

Okay, ONE MORE related question:

Is a "drag strut" allowed to be considered as a "shear wall" for
purposes of this offset? IOW, if I have a drag strut that begins and/or
ends within four feet of a parallel wall, may I consider that to meet
these requirements?