RE: Specifying CMU block weights

Scott, ASTM C90 no longer recognizes "Type I and Type II" units. The
engineer must specify moisture control requirements now, if they are
desired.

Availability should also be checked. I'm not sure what the availability
of light weight units is in the northeast - as noted, I think that
normal weight units are more common there. I don't recall where, but on
one project that I had specified light weight units, the bidders asked
if normal weight units could be substituted, due to availability.

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311