RE: arched roof wind theory

Andrew:

Understood...for some reason I had not gotten the original message and
your message did not have it copied in it.  I chaulk it up to more
"quirks" of the SEAINT email list.

FWIW, Note 4 of Figure 6-8 refers the user to Figure 6-11 with some
specifics of what to use and some reduction factors for using the Figure
6-11 coefficients with Arched roofs.  Figure 6-11 is a C&C figure, so the
coefficients are to be used in C&C calculations.  Thus, in ASCE 7-02, you
would treat an arched roof building just as any other...pick MWFRS or C&C
depending on the element/item in question and it associated trib area.

Regards,

Scott
Ardian, MI