Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Steel Frame Design[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Steel Frame Design
- From: "Ed Tornberg" <ed(--nospam--at)tornbergconsulting.com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 09:40:56 -0800
I’m looking for a design manual for steel frames that references 2003 IBC/AISC 335 (ASD). Any recommendations?
The closest thing I can find is “2000 IBC Structural / Seismic Design Manual Volume 3: Steel and Concrete Building Design Examples”, put out by SEAOC. Is that a revision of their older 97 UBC design manual? That was a very good manual – I just don’t know how the new one is or what it revises. I’m an ASD guy who doesn’t do much steel, prefers to keep frames ordinary, limit special inspection to a minimum, etc.
Now that I look at IBC 2205.2, It appears that I can’t use ASD anymore for Seismic Design Cat D anyway. Is that correct (only Part I of AISC 341)?
Tornberg Consulting, LLC
- Prev by Subject: Steel Beams on Wood Posts/Columns
- Next by Subject: RE: Steel Frame Design
- Previous by thread: Re: LRFD-PBD-USD - Push Over - P-Delta (long)
- Next by thread: RE: Steel Frame Design