Re: Construction Tolerance

James,

ACI 301, "Specifications for Structural Concrete", which is the spec for concrete construction, references ACI 117, "Standard Specifications for Tolerance for Concrete Construction and Materials" for the acceptable dimensional tolerances.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"jascopac" <jascopac(--nospam--at)pacbell.net>

01/26/2005 03:41 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Construction Tolerance

My client is attempting to install a curtainwall system on a 20 story
building.  The post tensioned slab edges are out of plumb by as much as 5
inches.  It is almost impossible to build a plumb wall on this building.

Guess what. The concrete contractor says he is within tolerance.

Anyone know what is acceptable for the tolerance?  Is there an ACI standard?

James A. Sadler, SE
Jasco Pacific, Inc.
550-D Industrial Way
Fallbrook, CA 92028