RE: Cantilever Diaphragm

Paul,
Thank you for your response. But I'm not sure I understand the offset you are referring to. If that's the vertical offset between the finish floor elev. of the floor and the deck, what we are planning to do is to run the diaphragm(plywood sheathing) straight from inside the house into the deck(no breaks) to achive the continuity. The finish floor material inside the house is thicker(hardwood) than the deck(dex-o-tex), that I believe will take care of the drainage issue of the deck. I've run some initial diaphragm (midpoint)deflection calcs and it looks like it will qualify for a RDA. But I'm not sure about the horizontal deflection of the cantilevered deck.