Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: Plywood shear wall definition

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Bill you are correct.  I usually think of it as top of top plate to diaphragm below.
As a side note what I typed would be correct if the wall extends above the roof (full height studs) and the roof diaphragm is ledgered to the wall.  I was working on this as I was typing away...
Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA