RE: Flood Loadings - ASCE 24 v. ASCE 7

I just checked the website - ASCE 24 has been removed from the public
comment section of "Standards Balloting" (and you do need to be
registered with a password to access it.)

One item I am concerned with in the proposed document is a required
factor of safety against buoyancy of 1.5 for tanks. That seems
reasonable for small buried tanks but may result in uneconomical designs
for larger tanks. Any other thoughts on this requirement?

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311