Re: Proctor Tests

Thanks for all the responses.

My question actually came from a client, which as it so happens I haven't even done any work for since about 1995 ... but somehow they remembered my name.

They used two different geotechs on different parts of a project (two similar buildings), I think because of different partnerships.   One geotech recommended  95% of a Standard Proctor,  one recommended  95% of a Modified Proctor.

When they asked the two geotechs why they specified one versus the other, the answer was ... "this is the way we always do it."

In numerical terms,  the difference wasn't that great,  but if a project goes south,  even very small discrepancies can cost a lot of lawyer time.

Gail Kelley