LRFD-PBD-USD - Push Over - P-Delta

Dear list members,

I have certain confusion with the following terms.

1. Performance based Design
2. Limit State Design

I have an idea about what they mean independently, but I would like to know how they are related, if there is any relation between them, of course.

If I have to design a structure for a certain Limit State ( Serviciability/Damage control/Survival Limit).  Is there any recommendation to select vertical load factors in a LRFD or allowable stresses in a ASD or they are simply related with the level of seismic load.

On the other hand, is Push Over Analysis related with Material Nonlinearity and P-Delta Analysis related with Geometrical Nonlinearity.

Probably they are a kind of stupid questions, but I need some explanation to make clear those concepts.

Do you Yahoo!?