Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Precast concrete beam help needed[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "Seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: Precast concrete beam help needed
- From: "Ken Peoples" <kspeoples(--nospam--at)lvta.net>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:04:04 -0500
I have been asked to evaluate the floor rating for a manufacturing building that has precast concrete beams. They are sort of like double tees without the flanges on either side. An upside-down u-shape. I'm sure there is a name for these, but I don't know what it is. Anyway, I had a testing agency do some field testing and they came up with the concrete strength and rebar size and location and I was wondering if any of you might have any kind of load tables for these. I would be happy to fax or email the section to you if it helps. Any help is appreciated.
I don't really know, but am guessing that the building was built around 1968 based on some sprinkler drawings that I have. Of course they have the sprinkler drawings and not the structural drawings.
Thanks for your help.
Kenneth S. Peoples, P. E.
Lehigh Valley Technical Associates, Inc.
1584 Weaversville Road
Northampton, PA 18067
- Prev by Subject: RE: Precast beams
- Next by Subject: RE: Precast concrete beam help needed
- Previous by thread: Rebar Spacers in PC beams
- Next by thread: RE: Precast concrete beam help needed