Rebar Spacers in PC beams

	Glen,
		I concur with Gerard: your beam should be deeper (depending
on the thickness of your slab).
		I have seen cracks at tie spacings in a tensile zone, so I
think all your concerns are valid and further cracking is likely. I have
also seen bars added in lots of places for lots of reasons. They are what
the cage tier (sp?) has, so he uses them - just like I use a small Phillips
head screwdriver to start a screw hole if I do not have my gimlet with me.
	Jim Getaz
	Winchester, Virginia