Re: Solid blocking between 2x outlookers

Michael L. Hemstad wrote:

OK, we all agree that solid blocking is a good thing.  Except my
architect, who points out that he needs some venting and wants me to
omit most of the blocking or drill big (like 6 inch) holes in it.

What is the response to this?  It seems legitimate.  I've seen more
roofs with failed shingles due to heat build-up than I've seen
structural failures due to inadequate blocking.

Um, soffit vents?