RE: ASCE 7 Snow Drifts

Then how should interacting snow realistically be considered? I have always used ASCE7 but I have thought the same thing before, they were not independent.

Will Haynes, P.E.

From: "Brian S Bossley" <BSBossley(--nospam--at)venturaengineering.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: ASCE 7 Snow Drifts
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:35:11 -0500

But also, an additional lesson is that the snow loads from two different directions should not be considered independently (unlike ASCE 7-98 wind load). That was what I was really trying to figure out. I remember looking at a diagram showing the two drifts interacting, and remembered how they were supposed to be considered, but I didn't know where I got it from.

Now I know that it was from the NBC or UBC.