Residential Foundation and CABO

Dear Seaint,

I don't have access to a CABO code, so I am hoping
someone can lend a hand.  Does CABO specify
residential foundation wall reinforcement
requirements?  I believe the applicable year would be
2000.  The case in point is a 10" block wall 9' high
from footing to sill, supporting about 8' of backfill
(shale/rock/sand).  Installed pilasters are useless
and must be discounted.

Also, the top course of masonry is semi-solid cap
blocks with 1/2" anchor bolts set into the vertical
mortar joints between blocks at 6' o.c.  Seems like a
real bad detail, but once again I am stuck here in
no-inspection land (until last year) and I need a way
to hold a contractor responsible for his work now that
the house is 75% complete.

And while I am on the subject, what mason would set an
underground basement wall and fill the vertical joints
(up to 1 1/2" wide in some cases) AFTER the wall is
erected, and then proceed to only parge the exterior -
no dampproofing, no membrane.  That can't be code
compliant either, can it?

Thanks in advance.

Jim Wilson, PE
Stroudsburg, PA