Re: Residential Foundation and CABO

Jim-
Yes CABO does cover foundation walls. My 1995 edition
of CABO indicates:

Table 404.1.1a: the maximum depth of unbalanced fill
for 10" ungrouted hollow block masonry units = 5 ft,
and in Section 404.2: Design required when "foundation
walls subject...30lbs/ft3...in accordance with
accepted engineering practice"

Section 406.2 "in areas of high water table or other
severe soil-water conditions.....exterior foundation
walls...shall be waterproofed with a membrane..."

Irv