Re: Residential Foundation and CABO

Stan,

Welcome to the world of the IRC!

When using concrete as a foundation/basement wall material, it rare in my
neck of the woods to see reinforcement in a residental home basement wall.
While I personally would NEVER use an unreinforced basement wall in my own
home if I were designing it, the IRC does permit unreinforced concrete
basement walls under certain circumstances.

While I have not really looked at the tables for masonry walls in the IRC,
I would imagine that there are situations where unreinforced masonry walls
could be used per the IRC.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI