RE: Residential Foundation and CABO

It has been my understanding that physics and mathematics do not apply to
residential construction.
JPRiley
----------

I sure don't understand this discussion.
Don't you use the soil pressure and calc. the masonry wall
stresses? If you do, you find that reinforcement is required
for any height of fill. On a typical basement wall we would
normally use about #5 @16" up to about mid-ht. and #4 @16" above
that, to the top of the wall and #4 @48" horizontal.

Regardless of which Code you use, don't you have to resist the loads
from soil pressure?

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA