RE: Proctor Tests - Why

In my own experience, I generally write the specifications for
excavation and backfill - they are typically based on recommendations in
a geotechnical report, but I am still the EOR for the specification.
Thus, I believe that the EOR must have an adequate understanding of what
is being specified, even if the geotech's recommendations are being
followed to the letter.

Furthermore, the geotech report may not cover all items being specified
or, yes, I may modify the geotech's recommendations in some cases (at my
own risk, but usually to be more conservative not less conservative).

William C. Sherman, PE
(Bill Sherman)
CDM, Denver, CO
Phone: 303-298-1311