RE: Proctor Tests - Why

Mark,

I believe the original question arose because there were two different
geotechs involved on seperate parts of the project the structural engineer
was involved in.  One geotech specified the standard proctor and the other
specified the modified proctor and I believe both used the same percentage
requirement.  So, the structural engineer was trying to "eductate"
themselves and understand what the differences where in an attempt to
determine if there was a potential conflict/problem.

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI