Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: OFF TOPIC - SE / PE initials

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
If I give the card to someone in Illinois, where I'm not licensed as a PE,
am I breaking any law or licensure rule?  I will never attempt to obtain
work as a general civil engineer.
I'm not licensed in Iowa.  Can I give my card to someone in Iowa?  What if
it's a potential client who works in Iowa, but the project is in Missouri?

One way I have seen this handled is a double-sided card.
The front shows:

	Your Name, PE, SE

and the rear shows:


The big drawback:  *really* small font for those of you who
are licensed in a bunch of states.  ;-)


Charles Hamilton, PhD EIT               Faculty Fellow
Department of Civil and                 Phone: 949.824.3752
    Environmental Engineering           FAX:   949.824.2117
University of California, Irvine        Email: chamilto(--nospam--at)

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
* * This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers * Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To * subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you * send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted * without your permission. Make sure you visit our web * site at: ******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********