From: Scott Maxwell [mailto:smaxwell(--nospam--at)engin.umich.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 12:07 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: OFF TOPIC - SE / PE initials

Jason:

First disclaimer: I am not a lawyer (and only play one on occasion in my nightmares). <grin>

I would, however, agree (using my "layperson" legal knowledge) with your main point.  That is if you are not pursuing work in a state where you are not licensed in the appropriate form, then you are likely fine.  So, I would assume (yeah, I know...very dangerous to do) that if I give my card that clearly indicates my business address on it (which is in Michigan) to a potential client that has potential work in a state in which I am licensed even if s/he resides (and has some work there too potentially) in a state where I am not licensed, I should be fine.

But, then what do I know, eh?  <grin>

Regards,

Scott
Adrian, MI