Off Topic - SE/PE initials along with MS/PhD

I have read articles in structural magazines were a masters degree (Civil) along with P.E. would be a preferred minimum standard for practicing Civil/Structural Engineers.
Should such engineers identify themselves as "ZZZZ  M.S. P.E." or "YYYY PhD. P.E." or ignore their educational qualification and simply identify themselves as "ZZZZ P.E." or "YYYY P.E."
Nitin Christopher P.E.