RE: OFF TOPIC - SE / PE initials

"For me, I have a PE license in Washington and just learned that I passed (finally) the Struct III exam so I also have my SE license there.  So, in the "eyes" of Washington, I am "Scott Maxwell, SE" which also directly implies that I call also be "referred to" as "Scott Maxwell, PE, SE"."

I don't think that Washington or Oregon reserve the SE title in the way that California does.  WA or OR consider the SE to be a PE with some extra priviledges in the eyes of the state.  It is common practice to use PE, SE after an engineer's name here, but to use your "in the eyes of Washington" language just using PE may be more proper.  I know a few SEs in WA that insist upon only follow their names with PE on that basis, though most opt for the SE to distinguish themselves.

Paul Crocker, PE, "SE" (OR and WA)