Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

PE/SE debate (was unreinforced foundation walls)

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
"The Washington Struct III exam is the last part of getting a SE license in
Washington.  At this point Washington is the only state that uses it that
I am aware of."

I believe that OR uses WA's exam now, too, and CA will accept it in place of their own SE exam.  That is provided that you took it in the 8 hour format that has been used for the past couple of years.  WA used to use a 4 hour format that OR and CA don't recognize.  I passed it in the 4 hour format, so I would need to retest if I want to get my CA SE some day.  No fun.  Thankfully, I already have my OR SE.  

"I am not sure if you take the Struct I as part of the SE license process or if you take the Struct I to get your PE license."

WA no longer uses SE I in any way.  They used to use SE I, SE II, and SE III for SE licensing.  Realistically, I can't imagine that too many people who could pass SE II and SE III got tripped up by SE I, so it was probably a waste of time.  It would be nice as an alternate to the Civil PE exam, and WA did that, too, very briefly, but not now.  

Paul Crocker, PE, SE

******* ****** ******* ******** ******* ******* ******* ***
*   Read list FAQ at:
*   This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers 
*   Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To 
*   subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
*   Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at) Remember, any email you 
*   send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted 
*   without your permission. Make sure you visit our web 
*   site at: 
******* ****** ****** ****** ******* ****** ****** ********