Re: Rehabilitation of a historic building

Alberto,

The document that is widely used in the US for the seismic rehabilitation of existing buildings is FEMA 356.  It's predecessor, FEMA 273/274 are also useful since they have a bit more explanation in the commentary for certain issues.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
ABS Consulting

"Alberto Guida" <grupocg(--nospam--at)cantv.net>

02/01/2005 07:12 PM

Please respond to
<seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>

"SEAINT" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
cc
Subject
Rehabilitation of a historic building

Near five years ago, a sector of the Congress of Venezuela caught fire. Now I was hired to design and supervise the structural rehabilitation of the building. It is a concrete building.
Where could I find a methodology to do this work. I think it must exist  a lot of recomendations to work in this class of historic buildings.

Thank you

Alberto Guida