Re: Open Web Steel Joist Programs?

You can download a program from Vulcraft's website called Vulcraft Assistant that helps you design joists with concentrated loads (http://www.vulcraft-in.com/).  I don't think it does any deflection calcs though.

Tripp Howard

Gary Hodgson & Associates <ghodgson(--nospam--at)vaxxine.com> wrote:
Can anybody recommend a computer program that designs open web steel
joists? I currently use an ancient one that I wrote in BASIC but it
is a bit limited and the powers that be (dirty b***ds) have seen fit
to change the steel code to require calculation of deflection by
axial deformation of all members rather than by parallel axis I
method.

Thanks,
Gary

* http://www.seaint.org/sealist1.asp