From: Brian S Bossley [mailto:BSBossley(--nospam--at)venturaengineering.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2005 6:38 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: API-650

I'm doing calculations for a tank farm in North Carolina.  To clarify,
I'm not designing the tank, but I am designing the foundations for them.
I looked at our latest version of API 650 (for sloshing effects) and
found that it was the 1997 version which was an UBC-97 based code.  The
latest version of API 650 is 1998 with a 2003 addendum.

My question is: Is anyone familiar with this code? If so, is the new
version an IBC based code?  If not, I'm not exactly sure about how I
would calculate the sloshing effects on my tanks.

Thanks in advance,
Brian S Bossley, PE

This e-mail is intended to be delivered only to the named addressee(s) and
delete the transmitted material from your computer and server.  In no event
shall this material be read, used, stored, or retained by anyone other than
the named addressee(s) without the express written consent of the sender or
the named addressee(s).