Re: OFF Topic Spyware Programs

Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

Hello All:
I am looking at Spyware programs such as SpySubtract, Spybot, Spyware Doctor, AVG 7, Lavasoft Panda etc....... What benefits or problems have anyone experienced with similar products ?? Joe Venuti
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA

If you're using Windows, check out MS' "free" Spyware product. It's called a "beta version" but in fact they simply purchased a small company out of Atlanta and are preparing to release their product under the MS name. The product seems to work pretty well (considering it's Microsoft).

They are undecided as yet if they will charge for it in the future (if they DARE to try to charge us for a product that fixes a problem they themselves created, that will be nervy even for THEM). At this time, it updates itself automatically, etc.

It keeps reporting back when it has installed an update and so far tells me "no spyware found in latest scan".