RE: OFF Topic Spyware Programs

Here is a link to a good article explaining what these programs catch and do not catch.

http://windowssecrets.com/050127/

The bottom line is that the combination of the programs listed below has been the most effective in recent tests.

Excerpt from the link above:

"Ad-aware and Spybot may have been a great combo back then. But adware apparently moves much faster than these two companies do. According to Howes's data, the two programs together barely removed half the adware components on an infected PC:

  Ad-Aware SE Personal plus... Total Adware Fixed

  Spybot Search & Destroy         54%

I found no combination of any two anti-adware programs that removed more adware components than Giant AntiSpyware and Webroot Spy Sweeper, based on Howes's data. Removing only 70% of adware, unfortunately, isn't good enough. A much better strategy is to prevent adware from getting into your systems in the first place. I'll cover that next."

He goes on to describe other steps you can take regarding security.

Regards,

Mike  Murphy