RE: Middle East response spectra maps

> Are there any maps out there w/ response spectra for the
> Middle East, particularly the United Arab Emirate region?
> I found nothing in the list archives nor in a web search.

I've never seen maps, but there are tables of values listed for specific
locations in US Military documents.

You're looking for TI 809-04, "Seismic Design for Buildings", Table 3-3.

http://www.hnd.usace.army.mil/techinfo/ti.htm

This document was published in 1998, so it's fairly dated.  Also, I
understand that the Ss and S1 values were simply converted from the old UBC
seismic zones.  There is a table of zones world-wide in an appendix of the
1997 UBC.

More documents are available here:
http://www.hnd.usace.army.mil/techinfo/engpubs.htm

Jason