Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Load Paths[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Load Paths
- From: Jnapd(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:56:35 EST
I would be glad it is not our design........or my house.
One might argue that the wall above would be a triangle shaped plywood shear wall. The truss is a drag truss and can handle uplift at the ends of the shear wall.
But............there is no out of plane ability, therefore; an accident (failure) waiting to happen.
Johnson & Nielsen Associates
Palm Springs, CA
- Prev by Subject: Re: Load Paths
- Next by Subject: Re: Load Paths
- Previous by thread: Re: Load Paths
- Next by thread: Re: Load Paths