Re: SEAoT LEGISLATIVE ALERT

Christopher Wright wrote:

Government wouldn't be as big as it is without large parts of the "private sector" benefitting from process.

Remember gary Hart? he used to say, 'If you want the government off your back, get your hand out of the government's pocket.'

Agreed. Now, I make a distinction between this and "corporate welfare" as defined by Ralph Nader, which is allowing corporations to keep money that would otehrwise go as taxes. But Nader thinks that everything belongs to the government anyway as the government is, miraculously, the only institution on earth capable of altruistic benevolence.

But I'm talking about those who see the government as a huge cow with udders of infinite capacity.

That's the "Beltway Bandit" crowd.