AISI Tension Connection

Does anyone know if AISI has a shear lag coefficient for checking tension on the net section of a connection? I am having trouble finding it in the 96 manual.

I am checking a metal building purlin that is only connected at the bottom flange to primary steel and I am not sure what the net area of the purlin at the connection should be. This purlin will be used to drag the wind load into vertical bracing attached to the primary below.

Will Haynes, P.E.