Re: Open Web Steel Joist Programs?

Gary Hodgson & Associates wrote:

Stuart,
I design joists for two-three small fabricators who
either wish to keep their employees busy or can not
get joists fast enough from the big joist suppliers

Yeah, SOMEBODY has to do this design. I figured that most manufacturers have in-house staff and custom design programs (or at least, procedures). However it makes sense that this could be outsourced, especially for small manufacturers.