Recommended Viewing: Dirty War

Title: Message
Last night, I stumbled into a new (2005) HBO movie produced by BBC called "Dirty War".  I found it on cable TV while playing with my new Comcast "Digital On Demand" feature.  It is a free download through February 20.  After watching it, I was not be able to sleep.

Dirty War opens with a June 2003 quote from Eliza Manningham-Buller, the Director-General of the British Security Service (a.k.a., MI5):  "It will only be a matter of time before a crude chemical, biological, or radiological (CBRN) attack is launched on a major western city."  The movie goes on to depict a very realistic, heavily researched dirty bomb attack on central London in 2005.  This is not a special effects action flick, but it is nevertheless extremely scary stuff.  At the end of the movie, the head terrorist calmly explains to his captor that "the purpose of terrorism is to incite a response from the West, which strengthens our resolve and divides yours".

Stan R. Caldwell, P.E.
Vice President

HALFF ASSOCIATES, INC.
8616 Northwest Plaza Drive